Today is Day18 of the 30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge that I signed on to be apart of with Leslie Saeta and over 260 other artists.
My theme is: Connecticut Treasures.
8 Reasons WHY I painted Mickey Mouse today:
1.Mickey is one of my all time favorite Disney characters
2. It's Saturday morning and who doesn't love cartoons on Saturday morning?
3.My Brother and Father are both nickname Mickey and to me... they are both Connecticut Treasures!
4. I've always admired animation/cartooning as an art form.
5. I like to use simple graphic shapes (i.e. -coloring books) to practice color studies - color combinations, brushstrokes, color glazing etc.
6.Using a limited palette of 5 colors to see how many I can create
7. Remind myself not to take everything so seriously... lighten-up and have some FUN!
8. Ok so the real reason... Barker Animation Gallery and Museum in Cheshire, CT! This is such a fun place to go with kids and it seems so few people have hear about it. Located on Rt. 10 in Cheshire it's easy to get to from the CT major highways and the grounds are loaded with large wooden structures of well-known painted characters. I took my girls there in July of 2010 and they had just as much fun playing outside as they did going through the museum. For me it was a walk down memory lane, because the museum was FILLED with two floors of toy memorabilia! They had my old Scooby-Do Lunch Box, Smurfs, Care Bears, and so much more! Below is a slideshow of A Day at Barker Animations with my girls..... hope you enjoy it!
Join in the Journey
Hope you join me on this 30 day painting challenge... you can sign-up for these blog posts to be delivered right in your inbox... just look for the email sign-up box in the right column. Feel free to comment below and share either your favorite places and/or things to do in CT or... Have you ever been to The Barker Animation Museum, in Cheshire CT? or perhaps you have a favorite story about your favorite cartoon character, please share, I would love to hear your story.
Linda S. Marino Art
Branford, CT 06405
Keep in Touch -
Be the first to hear about upcoming workshops, classes, events, and latest artwork.