"Gold Fish - Gold Coast", oil, 6 x 6, $85
Today is Day 27 of the 30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge that I signed on to be apart of with Leslie Saeta and over 260 other artists.
My theme is: Connecticut Treasures.
So close to finishing only 3 days to go... and one more day in the month of January! I'll be in my studio late tonight! No matter how difficult the challenge has been to keep up with the group, it's been so worth it... ok here's the lead in... worth it's weight in gold!
Why? Here are just 4 reasons why but the list grows daily!
1. staying committed to a project and following it through- (follow through skill is not so easy for this jumping bean artist)
2. Improving my artistic skills ... which is really all about "seeing better".
3. learning more about this fascinating state.. Connecticut... more than I ever knew before.
4. Writing more. Writing has never been a strong skill for me, in fact, I try to avoid it at all costs. Can't my paintings just speak for themselves? What happened to the phrase "a picture is worth a thousand words"? Or brevity is a virtue? Well, I have to say I'm actually starting to like what I write and I've decide perfection isn't the goal... why?because that's just silly... it's better to give it your best effort in a reasonable amount of time and move on.... why? because I have to do this painting and writing thing...again... very soon... like... within the next twenty four hours!
5. It's opened doors to connecting with other artists, meeting new people, engaging with friends on facebook and... best of all it makes my hubby and my mom laugh.
that's 5 and didn't I say 4 reasons? yup, the list grows.
Ok so should I say something about the painting itself? Like, did you know that when googling "Gold Coast - Connecticut" there's a description on the wikapedia website that states the Gold Coast is lower Fairfield County....
or should I talk about the two very cool aquariums we have here in Connecticut : Mystic and Norwalk. Both are worth the visit.
or should I talk about this painting is just another color study/skill building exercise. Playing around with complimentary colors, soft and hard edges, layering paints...
or perhaps I should have told you about the time my kids caught three + fish on opening day with our dear friends the Seney family and decided to bring them home... "we named them Mom... so can we keep them?"
that's it for now... but the ideas keep rolling in so.... who knows... maybe this challenge will keep going! Stick around...
Receive my latest paintings and blog updates in