Oil Painting with Linda Marino Starts 10/2 - 8 weeks
Wednesday Afternoon 1-4 pm
Starts October 2-November 27, 2019 ( no class on Oct 9)
Cost: $240 - for 8 weeks/ 3 hr classes - materials not included.
late registration welcome
Learn an easy to follow process to build a strong foundation in oil painting
- We'll cover the principles of value, shape and form then how to apply them to easy-to-paint exercises.
- You'll learn how to mix colors, create a color wheel, learn about compliments, and how to use them to desaturate a color
- preparing your canvas, toning and using mediums for faster drying
- how to layer paints and ways to use brushstrokes to express your individual style.
- We'll cover the principle of compositions, some do's and don't and then how to break the rules.
- We'll work on still life and landscape
Learning how to paint in oils can be fun and very rewarding. You don't need a lot of materials to start with and you'll find that oils offer a rich and buttery feel when applying the paint to make blending and brush work easy. You'll also find that if you don't like an area you can scrape it right off. This class is great for beginners and those who want to refresh their skills.
Small class size means lots of personal instruction. Sign up early, space is limited. Adults.
Materials not included. Students must bring their own supplies. See materials list page for more information.