Start Here Acrylic Painting -with Linda Marino - Starts 9/30 - 7 weeks
Monday Evenings 6-8:30pm
September 30 - November 18, 2019, (no class Oct 14) - 7 weeks
Cost: $210 - 2 1/2 hours per week/ 7 weeks - some materials included.
late registration welcome
Painting in acrylics is a fun and enjoyable medium for beginners. Acrylics are water-based and easy to clean up, they dry fast and can be applied thin like watercolors or thick like oils.
Acrylics are great for the absolute beginner. I love to tell my students with Acrylics everything is fixable!. I love teaching this foundational class because its broken down into simple steps and filled with tips, techniques and exercise to get you started on your painting journey. You'll learn an easy to follow process to gain a strong foundation in acrylic painting.
- We'll cover the process of painting an acrylic painting from start to finish.
- How to make shapes/objects look three-dimensional using shading, value and tints.
- You'll learn how to use several drawing tools that will make drawing easier.
- Learn how to mix colors, use compliments in a painting and and how to tone down a color. I have a bunch fun color exercises that we'll practice in class and at home.
- You'll learn about preparing the canvas and ways to make you're colors harmonize through toning.
- Layering paints from a thick impasto to thin washes.
- We'll work with a variety brushes and applying paintings with a brush or palette knife.
- We'll go over several mediums to add your paints for special effects
- We'll cover composition and design.
A workbook will be provided with description and color illustrations and exercises to try on your own.
If you're new to painting or need a refresher class you're going to love this class!
Small class size means lots of personal instruction. Sign up early, space is limited. Adults.
Some materials are included. Nothing is required for the first class. We will review supplies and materials first before purchasing.. If you already have some acrylic supplies bring them with you.