Daily Painting (or almost) with Linda Marino Acrylics or Oils- Starts 9/18 -8 weeks
Wednesday Morning 9-12 pm
Starts September 18 - November 6, 2019
Cost: $240 - for 8weeks/ 3 hr classes - materials not included.
One of the fastest ways to improve your skills is to develop a painting habit, painting regularly, usually small canvases that one can start and finish in under three hours is so beneficial. This is exactly how I got back into painting after a long break of not painting. I would set up small still life, a vase with flowers, some lemons, and apples. This has to be one of the best training tools for painters in any medium. Learn an easy to follow process to build a strong foundation in oil or acrylic painting. I'll also share tips on how I started with an online gallery Dailypaintworks.com posting my small works and selling them!
- We'll cover the principles of value, shape and form then how to apply them to easy-to-paint exercises.
- You'll learn how to mix colors, create a color wheel, learn about compliments, and how to use them to desaturate a color
- preparing your canvas, toning and how to choose subject for small formats.
- how to layer paints and ways to use brushstrokes to express your individual style.
- Learning how to increase your brush confidence, explore new subjects, and just enjoy the big rewards from painting small.
Do you want to break free from the habit of painting too much detail? Do you want to loose up and become more free with your artwork? Do you want to stop spending weeks/months on the same painting and enjoy the simplicity of small studies. Learning to work quicker and not make every painting a precious piece that can lead to either not finishing or no longer enjoying the painting. There's so much I'd love to share with you about my process and the joy you'll get from working in this format.
Small class size means lots of personal instruction. Sign up early, space is limited. Adults.
Materials not included. Students must bring their own supplies. See materials list page for more information.